Today I come to talk to you about LinkedIn, it is the professional social network of reference and it is highly recommended that you be there, especially (although not only) if you are looking for a job.
And is that this network:
- It currently has 610 million users, of which 300 are active.
- It is used by 85% of recruiters, actively looking for professionals or checking the profiles of their candidates.
- It allows you to create your network of professional contacts: professional colleagues, suppliers, clients and any other person with whom you can establish trustworthy professional relationships and share content.
- Positions you in Google. LinkedIn is one of the websites that best indexes in the search engine, so positioning yourself correctly will favor (and greatly) your visibility.
- It allows you to know relevant information about your sector, through the publications of your network of contacts and the companies you follow.
- And you can also carry out your commercial activities, contacting potential clients.
As you can see, the possibilities are many, so it is interesting that you can be on the platform to promote your professional goals.
If you are currently looking for a job, I will tell you that 80% of job offers are not published, it is what is known as the hidden market. That means that the strategy of Registering for the offers that are published on the job portals is focused on only 20% of the existing offers, added that it is the strategy that the vast majority of people carry out (and therefore, the competition is much greater).
LinkedIn can be your great ally in your job search strategy, facilitating access to that hidden market, being able to establish connections with people who can help you find out about existing vacancies, or you can even consult offers that they publish in the network and that do not appear in the job portals.
For this, my recommendation is that work LinkedIn in 3 main areas:
- Your profile. It is your cover letter and your opportunity to convey the professional impression you want to the person who visits it.
To do this, define well what is the approach you are going to give through your value proposition, that is, who you help, what you solve and how you do it; and with keywords to also favor your appearance in searches.
- Your network of contacts. Knowing who to contact, how to find and connect with them will be essential to expand your scope of action and thus drastically increase your professional possibilities.
- Your activity on the network, through publications or interaction with your contacts. This will increase your visibility. If they don’t see you, you don’t exist.
In this way, work in these three areas correctly: optimize your profile, create relationships and show your professional value.
This will allow you to get the most out of the platform and will undoubtedly achieve your professional goals much faster.
If you want to know how to do it, you can sign up for the LinkedIn course for your job search, where you will learn the keys to be able to develop these 3 areas and increase your chances of finding your next job.